Monday, October 20, 2008

There's No Crying In Baseball

Right?

Well, somebody needs to explain that to all the Sox fans I work with. Good Lord, you'd think that George W. Bush got elected for a third term or something with all the belly-aching that's going on around here this morning. I'm not a true baseball fan--or any kind of sports fan, for that matter--but I do have to admit to watching bits and pieces of the last few games just because of all the hoopla that's surrounded them. I live in part of the Red Sox nation and it's all I've heard about from anyone the past few weeks, so, yeah, I watched a little. Didn't have a clue in the world what was going on, but I watched. (Like, why is it an out when the outfielder catches the ball after it's been hit, but not when someone in the in-field catches it? Why do the in-fielders have to throw it to base and the outfielder doesn't? Am I understanding that correctly? Seemed to be the case from what I watched. Why? Why don't they all have to throw it to base? These are things I'd like to know.) I wanted the Sox to win for loyalty's sake, but holy moly, those Tampa Bay boys were hot! And the Red Sox look so unkempt. Why are their uniforms 10 sizes too big and don't any of them own razors or combs? You'd think with all the money they make, someone could invest in an iron and a Schick.

Whatever.

I wish Barak O'Bama would stop emailing me. It's getting a little annoying. I seriously doubt that he needs my $5. Yes, I would like to have a magnet for my car, but I'd rather get those cute shoes I saw at Payless. So give it up, Bama. You will not win the battle of politics or shoes with me.

It was 24 degrees here this morning and we're supposed to get three inches of snow tomorrow night in to Wednesday. God help me, it's started. I'm sorry I ever uttered a word about how hot it was in Myrtle Beach a month ago. I'd give anything to be there again right friggin' now.

1 comment:

Starchy said...

GO RAYS!

SOX SUCK!

:X

Except Josh Beckett. I don't know why, but I think he's cute. And he's not really, so I don't know why. But I do. Coz he is.

GO RAYS!