Friday, October 3, 2008

For Starchy

OK. Well, here I am at work, should be working, but I just took time out to wish my dear little friend Meggie a happy birthday and checked Starchy's blog to see if it's updated. And it's not. But that's OK. Apparently she works while she's at work. And I started to think about how she encouraged me many, many moons ago to start a blog, so here I am, starting a blog.

I warn you, it will be boring. Not much happens here. Thankfully, because it seems when something does happen it's not for the good.

Let's see, what's on my mind? Watched the debate last night. Or part of it anyway. I fell asleep about 45 minutes in. I've decided that Sarah Palin is just an actress. She did great when she was rattling off stuff that was obviously written for her, but not so great when asked direct questions that required her to actually come up with an answer on her own. And that voice! Dear God in Heaven, if John McCain were to croak while in office (And let's face it, he could. He's, what, 90 years old?) and she took over, I'd have to cut myself off from all media and move to Siberia (which I think Palin can see from her home, right?) until she was out of office. I love the movie "Fargo," but I could not listen to that accent every day of my life. I'd surely break my TV, you betcha, yeah, I would. But, I guess, politician and actor/actress are pretty much synonymous, so I guess it's not fair to accuse her of the only one being phony.

But she is.

And that accent! Oy-vey!

O'Bama/Biden, baby. O'Bama/Biden.

I'm friggin' hungry. Lunch is in 13 minutes. Woo-hoo!

So here you go, Starch. I'll try to remain faithful to this blog. And I hope I can make mine almost as entertaining as yours. :)

1 comment:

Starchy said...

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! You're blogging! You have a blog! YIPPEEE! I promise to obsessively compulsively check to see if you've updated it.

I really love the name of the blog and I love the title of the first post even more! hahahaha

AND...I'm the first poster. *bowing*

I can't wait for you to post pictures of the Myrtle Beach Piggly Wiggly.

Or your new cat.