Monday, November 3, 2008

It's the Most Horrible Time of the Year

It's 4:30 and pitch black outside. I hate this time of year. All the leaves are gone, grass is turning brown. You almost want snow to add some color to the world again.

Almost.

But most of all, I hate driving home from work when it's pitch black outside. It just makes me feel so tired.. and hungry. Hungry for stuff like shepherd's pie and macaroni and cheese and casserole type stuff. Stick to your ribs, warm, comfort food. Now if I had someone at home to make the comfort food for me, I wouldn't mind so much. But since I have to comfort myself, it stinks. I hate this time of year.

But I'm on a mission. I'm determined that I am now going to use only products that are not tested on animals. So far I've discovered that everything I use is indeed tested on animals. I guess I didn't realize that this was still an issue in today's society. But Miss Lizzie Liz, my tree-hugger friend here at the agency--and I say "tree-hugger" with love--has pointed out to me that almost all health and beauty aid products are tested on animals. So being the socially conscious and responsible individual that I am (ahem) I am vowing to now use only non-animal tested products. Of course, this means I'll have to give up my Dove facial cloths and moisturizer and find some other goop to make my hair shiny. But I will! I've discovered that St. Ive's does not test on animals and neither does Nexxus. I will make this work!

Tomorrow is Election Day. Woo-hoo! I don't know why, but I love Election Day. I wonder if Barack will keep on emailing me and asking for my $5. I hope he wins. Hope, hope, hope.

No comments: