Monday, November 17, 2008

Blog Slacker

I can't believe how long it's been since I blogged! I didn't even blog about the election! It's just been so crazy here lately, I haven't had much time to use this computer for anything other than work stuff. Which, you know, is really all I'm supposed to be using it for and stuff.

So, yeah, Barack won. Woo-hoo! I'm so happy. Hopefully he makes good on his promises and turns this country around. So far, so good. Gas is down to an almost tolerable price. I don't think he really had anything to do with that and it's actually the lousy economy that's caused the decrease, but I'm going to give him credit for it anyway. But he's still trying to sell me stuff. You're not getting my $5, Mr. President. Back the freak off! Go pick out a puppy or something and leave me alone.

Speaking of puppies..... HUGE announcement... Drumroll, please!

I've put a down payment down on one! A mini Austrailian Shepherd. Not sure if I'm getting a female or male. I'm third pick of the puppies and the second pick won't pick their puppy until this coming weekend. I want a blue merle, and the litter only has one female blue merle, so if the second pick people pick a peck of pickled pepp... er, I mean, the female, then I'll have to take a male. Fine by me, I think. I've never had a male dog before, but I'm sure it will be fine. Keeping my fingers crossed for the female, though. It's been 13 years since I've had a puppy. I have to admit, I'm a little nervous about the whole thing, but there's no going back now. Check is in the mail. I just turned the corner one day and was ready... so very, very ready.

And, boy, don't I miss my Kelcie girl. I surely, surely do.

I feel guilty about spending this much money on a puppy when there are so many dogs looking for homes in shelters. But this is what I want. I'm going to start bringing little care packages up to the shelter every once in a while to alleviate some of the guilt. I should have been doing that in the first place.

New puppy no name boy or girl will come home the second or third week in January.

Soooooo, I guess that's it from here. Seems like there's other stuff to blog about, but I'll be back. I've got to figure out how to make this not look like a bottle of Pepto.

No comments: